Remember, you are the same today as you will be in five years, except for two things: the people you meet and the books you read. Choose both carefully.” ― Charlie “Tremendous” Jones
One of my yearly personal goals is to read, or re-read at least 100 personal development books this year. Some will be Kindle books, Audio books, or traditional paperback books.
This month I’m….
- Finishing: Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World by Scott Harrison and Lisa Sweetingham https://amzn.to/2QZ1RXB
- Almost done with: The Ride of a Lifetime: Lessons Learned from 15 Years as CEO of the Walt Disney Company by Robert Iger https://amzn.to/2RAjSe7
- Starting to read: Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio https://amzn.to/35ZzuwK
If you are taking this goal-setting with us this year, below, is my recommended reading list to use along with your 2020 Goals Journal.
- January Focus: Physical Health & Fitness Goals: Feel Better Fast and Make It Last: Unlock Your Brain’s Healing Potential to Overcome Negativity, Anxiety, Anger, Stress, and Trauma by Daniel Amen
- February Focus: Relationship Goals: The People Factor: How Building Great Relationships and Ending Bad Ones Unlocks Your God-Given Purpose by Van Moody
- March Focus: Financial Goals: One Year to an Organized Financial Life: From Your Bills to Your Bank Account, Your Home to Your Retirement, the Week-by-Week Guide to Achieving Financial Peace of Mind by Regina Leeds, Russell Wild
- April Focus: Home Goals: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing (The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up) by Marie Kondō
- May Focus: Self-care Goals: How Did I Get So Busy?: The 28-day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most. by Valorie Burton
- June Focus: Recreational Goals: UNBORED Games: Serious Fun for Everyone by Joshua Glenn (Author), Elizabeth Foy Larsen
- July Focus: Personal Development Goals: See You at the Top (Formerly Entitled Biscuits, Fleas & Pump Handles) by Zig Ziglar
- August Focus: Career Goals: The Start-up of You: Adapt to the Future, Invest in Yourself, and Transform Your Career by Reid Hoffman (Author), Ben Casnocha
- September Focus: Family Goals: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families: Building a Beautiful Family by Stephen R. Covey
- October Focus: Spiritual Goals: The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee
- November Focus: Travel Goals: How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Third Edition: Travel Cheaper, Longer, Smarter by Matt Kepnes
- December: Giving Goals: The Giving Challenge by Stephanie L. Jones
Sheréa VéJauan is and entrepreneur, podcast host and workshop presenter. She is author of the 2020 Goals Journal, as well as eleven other books and journals.
Sheréa resides in Southern California, devoted wife of twenty-eight years to her husband Brian, and mother to their three children. Visit her blog at https://shereavejauan.com/