We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” –Aristotle
Today is Sunday, October, 8th, and this is week #41 of our 52 Mondays challenge. Our goal is to break this year down – one Monday at a time.
If you want to change your life, you must change your habits. With your already hectic schedule, accomplishing your future goals can be challenging. I believe that goals should be broken down into small routines that are achievable—one step at a time, one day at a time, by adding routines to your daily schedule. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you already know that I am the Queen of Routines. I post regularly about the routines that I have incorporated into my life, which helps me accomplish my goals. Routines like Meatless Monday, Water Wednesday, Thankful Thursday, Fitness Friday, and many others. Think about the goals you want to achieve for the year, and then get creative and start incorporating them into your daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly routine. You will have space to do this in each chapter of your journal.
With 40 weeks of the year in the books, you now have 90 days left to make something great happen this year. You’re in the 4th quarter and it’s time to take on another new habit that will move you towards your goal.
Take this week to decide what new habit will enable you to move forward towards your goal and start making that habit an integral part of your life. Commit to acquiring that habit with your accountability partner and get to work making it happen. Don’t let the rest of the year slip by – be proactive and engaged. Practice your new habit with conviction. Years ago, you couldn’t get me to sit down and relax.Today, I’m obsessed with Self-care Saturday, I try to do at least 2-3 things that bring me joy. My new favorite weekly routine is my weekend detox bath, and Mud Mask Monday!
I’ve listed a few samples below, to help you get started. And remember, they don’t have to rhyme – it’s just easier for me to remember when they rhyme.
Marriage Monday (Relationship Goals): Mondays always seems to be rough for most people. And well, marriage seems to be just as rough. As for me, I love both! If you are married, use this day to connect with your spouse. Have breakfast together, watch a movie, or just enjoy a cup of coffee. ( Resource: https://shereavejauan.com/31prayerchallenge/)
Meatless Monday (Health Goals): A simple, weekly reminder to take saturated fat off our plates and replace it with nutrient-rich fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains. Everyone can commit to a healthy start on Monday, with the intention of making smarter choices throughout the week.
Money Monday (Finance Goals): “Money Monday” is the day I set aside at least 2 hours to look at my MONEY, my bills, and my budget. I wish that the experience were as good as it sounds. I usually work on my food budget, my bills, and my massive debt. I also work on my business accounting, client billing, reimbursements, and more.
Take a Break Tuesday (Personal Goals): Nothing results in burnout faster than pushing yourself too hard, too often, for too long! Sometimes we feel unmotivated simply because our bodies and minds are telling us “enough is enough!” Assess whether you need to motivate yourself, or if you simply need some downtime to recharge. If you’ve been burning the midnight oil too often lately, take some time off. Even a few hours of relaxation and fun will renew your motivation more effectively than any motivational techniques. Use this day to take a break.
Water Wednesday (Health Goals): Dehydration can result in fatigue and mental fogginess, which can hinder your motivation. Before doing extensive mental or physical work, try drinking a glass of ice cold water. This will help to keep you replenished. Continue to drink plenty of water throughout the day. One glass won’t be enough to keep you hydrated. Water Wednesday is a day to concentrate on drinking water only. With this routine, you can at least expect hydrating well once a week.
Workout Wednesday (Health Goals): Because of so many challenges involved with working out, the best way to go is to start simple. Designate at least ten to thirty minutes of lightweight exercises that will strengthen you to do more. Try walking around the block or in your backyard. There are many exercises that can be done without equipment. Stretching, jumping jacks, push-ups, sit-ups, etc. This will help you to develop a routine for working out.
Salad Saturday (Health Goals): It’s a great day to make a delicious salad for lunch. http://pinterest.com/vejauan/salad-saturday/
I hope the samples above have helped you get the idea. Remember them when you plan your week and set your goals.
Additionally, use the “52 Mondays Weekly Goal Planner Worksheets” located in the back of your journal.
I’m excited to hear about what you’ll do this week. Comment on the post below or send me an email at email@example.com
Here’s our 52-week Monday plan: Do, Plan, Journal & Read
- Do: Each week, remember to read my weekly blog post and do the exercise. Sometimes, I may post a blog, do a video or record a podcast – or all of the above. This week, Find Your Inspiration!
- Plan: Plan your week using the 52 Mondays weekly goal sheet located in the back of your 2017 goals journal, your 52 Monday’s e-journal, or your free download
- Journal: Each month we focus in on a particular goal category in our journals –This month we are still working on our spiritual goals.
- Read Chapter #41 of“52 Mondays: The One-Year Path to Outrageous Success & Life Long Happiness” by Vic Johnson. Also, research books that will give you some insight on how to recommit to your goals this week.
- October 9th: Columbus Day
- November 4th: Queens Crown Collaborative
- November 5 – “Fall back” one hour for Daylight Savings Time
- November 7 – U.S. Election Day
- November 7th National Notary Day
- Nov 11th: Veteran’s Day
- November 15th: Sherea VeJauan’s Holiday Gift Guide Launch
- November 23 – Thanksgiving Day
- November 24th; Black Friday
- November 25: Small Business Saturday
- November 27th Cyber Monday
- November 28th giving Tuesday
- December 31st New Years’ Eve
What I’m reading this month:
- 1: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference? Hardcover – January 31, 2010
by Dan Zadra http://amzn.to/2jW1O0f
- Copy of The Hollywood Commandments: A Spiritual Guide to Secular Success by DeVon Franklin – http://amzn.to/2vYU0M8 Available September 26, 2017
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Huffington, Arianna http://amzn.to/2fe10lU
- Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts by Ryan Holiday http://amzn.to/2vZhKzo
- Pre-order your 2018 Goals Journal by Sheréa VéJauan http://GoalsJournal.net
- Get the 52 Mondays Goal Pack: Includes: 1 Paperback Copy of “My Goals Journal” by Sheréa VéJauan 1 PDF download of 52 Monday’s with Sheréa VéJauan 1 PDF Download of 3 Simple Steps to Creating a Powerful Vision Board by Sheréa VéJauan includes shipping – box NOT included.
- 52 Mondays: The One-Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifelong Happiness” by Vic Johnson http://amzn.to/137dct8
- “Like” our Goals Journal fan page at http://ow.ly/iKd830fdZ3M
- Listen to Sheréa VéJauan ’s Weekly Podcast at http://sherea.podomatic.com/
- We have closed our group page and moved over to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheGoalsJournal/
- October Goal Challenge: We are working on our spiritual goals
- Affiliate: Want to make money, while helping your friends and family reach their 2018 goals? We have launched a brand new affiliate program, and are looking for 50 affiliates. Help your friends and family reach their goals while you earn money! Register for our affiliate program and start making money when your friends buy from our store! All affiliates must be approved. Our program is in the beginning stages. Click the link to fill out an application. http://ow.ly/BxbS30dgiNz
Sheréa VéJauan is the author of the 2017 Goals Journal, as well as several other titles, including, My Goals Journal, Realistically Speaking: Speaking What’s Real, Keeping What’s Holy, 7 Simple Steps to Achieving Your Business Goals, 3 Simple Steps to Creating a Powerful Vision Board, 52 Mondays Companion Journal, and many others. Sheréa resides in Southern California, devoted wife of twenty-five years to her husband Brian, and mother to their three children, Reginald, Jasmyn and Kennedy.