“The bitterest tear shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone.” -Harriet Beecher Stowe
Relationships can make or break a person. You could be the most dedicated person in the world when it comes to your fitness routine but your happiness is going to be severely impacted if you have terrible relationships with your spouse, children, friends, parents, co-workers and so on.
Nurturing and maintaining relationships requires effort and commitment. Many of us let our lives become so busy with work and other commitments that we don’t get around to scheduling time for pleasure and renewal with the friends, relatives, and acquaintances we already have.
Value your relationships by nurturing them on a regular basis and to accept more of the invitations you receive from others. Make sure that you schedule adequate time for the things that are truly most important to you – your relationships.
Here’s a quick exercise…
Make a quick list of all your family and friends. Next, write down the date you last communicated with them in any way. When did you last meet them? When did last share meal with them? When did you send them a gift? What is the ratio of your telling them of your problems, and they tell you theirs? This year set a goal to go deeper in your relationships.
Here are few simple things you can do:
- Meeting regularly
- Finding out ways you can help them
- Sending small gift – for no reason at all
- Invite them to a movie
Based on the goals you have set for yourself, find out what books you can read, magazines you can subscribe to, organizations you need to be a part of, coaches you need to hire and mentors you need. Check out these additional resources below:
- The People Factor by Van Moody. http://amzn.to/1be9uAn
- How to Win Friends & Influence People Paperback by Dale Carnegie http://amzn.to/1dDxmww
- The 5 Love Languages of Children Gary D Chapman
- The 5 Love Languages of Teenagers New Edition: The Secret to Loving Teens Effectively by Gary D Chapman
- Relationship Rules: https://www.facebook.com/RelationshipRules
- Focus on the Family: http://www.focusonthefamily.com/
- Check out my Relationship PinBoard at http://www.pinterest.com/vejauan/relationship-goals-feb-focus/
Sherea VeJauan’s Relationship Board on Pinterest: http://ow.ly/tEYQ30nyPK2