"Unity is strength. When there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved." - Mattie Stepanek
Today is Monday, March 9th, and this is week #10 of 52 Mondays w/ Sherea VeJauan. Our goal is to break this year down – one Monday at a time. Today, I want to encourage Educate your family and friends about your goals.
When the closest people around you understand what you want to do and why, they may become your greatest source of support and encouragement. If you were like me a few years ago, you'd wake up early before everybody gets up and then wait until everybody falls asleep to work on your goals. But your assignment this week is to work on your goals in prime time. Yes, it might be difficult, you may feel weird, you may get some unwanted feedback -but do it anyway.
Here are some examples on how to make that happen
● If you are married – invite your spouse to sit down with you for 20 minutes and share your goals – if you are really bold – ask them what their goals are and how you can support them.
● Parents - If you have kids that still live with you- schedule a time during the week to talk to them about their goals and how you can help. Share your goals with them as well. You’d be surprised that they may be able to help you reach your goals faster. I have two girls and I listen to my daughters on a regular – they have pushed me and caused me to think outside the box when it comes to reaching my goals and running my business
● If you work in an office – get a few of your coworkers together – schedule a weekly lunch and talk about your life goals – outside of work. I'm am author, but I work in an office part-time. The first Monday of the month we get together and work on our goals together at Panera bread sharing or goals and resources.
● Business professional: If you have a business, consider starting or joining a mastermind group
● Maybe your spiritual goals are to read through the bible in a year – find a group of women at your church to go through it with you.
● Do you have a large family - Plan a yearly goal setting workshop or vision board party with your family?
These activities will help you Create an accountability and support system that will benefit you and the people around you. It also gives you an opportunity to be a support and encouragement to the people you are around the most.
You can always get THINGS done ON YOUR OWN, but it’s ok to share what you’re doing, or what you want to do with your family, friends and spouse, because they may be able to HELP you get it done!
I hope the examples above have helped you.
Remember them when you plan your week and set your goals.
Here’s our 52-week Monday Plan: Do, Plan, Journal, and Read
- Do: Educate your family and friends about your goals. When the closest people around you understand what you want to do and why, they may become your greatest source of support and encouragement.
- Plan: Using your 52 Mondays Weekly Goal Focus Worksheet, write out your goals for this week.
- Journal: Using your 2020 Goals Journal, continue to work on your finance goals
- Read: Spend at least 30 minutes reading the recommended book of the month.
author of the 2020 Goals Journal, as well as several other books and journals. Sheréa resides in Southern California, devoted wife of twenty-eight years to her husband Brian, and mother to their three children, Reginald, Jasmyn and Kennedy. Visit her at https://shereavejauan.com/
Get Your 2020 Goals Journal Today!
Understand your own motivations through self-reflection and evaluation as you learn to set achievable goals. Begin with creating a vision for what you’d like to see your life include spiritually, financially, and socially, at work, in your community, and at home.
Then learn how to set milestones and take action! Focus on and maintain your ideal balanced life.