Today is Sunday, October, 15th, and this is week #42 of our 52 Mondays challenge. Our goal is to break this year down – one Monday at a time.
By this stage of the year, you’ll probably find all kinds of distractions have crept into your life. People may have come along and made demands that take you in a different direction. Or you may have started doing other stuff which is unhelpful. The central challenge this week is to “Just say no!” to distractions and get back working on your priorities.
Evaluate your week from the perspective of your goal. Identify extra commitments which have crept in and cancel everything that’s getting in the way. Do a little housekeeping on your schedule. Dedicate at least one entire evening or one entire weekend to doing nothing but working on your goal.
“If someone challenges you, explain how important your goal is. If that’s not appropriate, just say “Something personal came up.” You really don’t owe them an explanation, but you do owe the time to yourself. So what will you do with that extra time? That’s up to you, but you’ll want to make it count. Give your goal a fighting chance this week by giving enough time to the process.” – Vic Johnson
I’m excited to hear about what you’ll do this week. Comment on the post below or send me an email at email@example.com
Here’s our 52-week Monday plan: Do, Plan, Journal & Read
- Do: Each week, remember to read my weekly blog post and do the exercise. Sometimes, I may post a blog, do a video or record a podcast – or all of the above. This week, Eliminate Distractions!
- Plan: Plan your week using the 52 Mondays weekly goal sheet located in the back of your 2017 goals journal, your 52 Monday’s e-journal, or your free download
- Journal: Each month we focus in on a particular goal category in our journals –This month we are still working on our spiritual goals.
- Read Chapter #42 of“52 Mondays: The One-Year Path to Outrageous Success & Life Long Happiness” by Vic Johnson. Also, research books that will give you some insight on how to recommit to your goals this week.
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- November 4th: Queens Crown Collaborative
- November 5th – “Fall back” one hour for Daylight Savings Time
- November 7th – U.S. Election Day
- November 7th National Notary Day
- Nov 11th: Veteran’s Day
- November 15th: Sherea VeJauan’s Holiday Gift Guide Launch
- November 23rd – Thanksgiving Day
- November 24th – Black Friday
- November 25th Small Business Saturday
- November 27th Cyber Monday
- November 28th giving Tuesday
- December 31st New Years’ Eve
What I’m reading this month:
- • Just added Soar by @BishopJakes @amazon http://amzn.to/2ylfFlN
- 1: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference? Hardcover – January 31, 2010
by Dan Zadra http://amzn.to/2jW1O0f
- Copy of The Hollywood Commandments: A Spiritual Guide to Secular Success by DeVon Franklin – http://amzn.to/2vYU0M8 Available September 26, 2017
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder by Huffington, Arianna http://amzn.to/2fe10lU
- Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts by Ryan Holiday http://amzn.to/2vZhKzo
- Pre-order your 2018 Goals Journal by Sheréa VéJauan http://GoalsJournal.net
- Get the 52 Mondays Goal Pack: Includes: 1 Paperback Copy of “My Goals Journal” by Sheréa VéJauan 1 PDF download of 52 Monday’s with Sheréa VéJauan 1 PDF Download of 3 Simple Steps to Creating a Powerful Vision Board by Sheréa VéJauan includes shipping – box NOT included.
- 52 Mondays: The One-Year Path to Outrageous Success & Lifelong Happiness” by Vic Johnson http://amzn.to/137dct8
- “Like” our Goals Journal fan page at http://ow.ly/iKd830fdZ3M
- Listen to Sheréa VéJauan ’s Weekly Podcast at http://sherea.podomatic.com/
- We have closed our group page and moved over to our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/TheGoalsJournal/
- October Goal Challenge: We are working on our spiritual goals
- Affiliate: Want to make money, while helping your friends and family reach their 2018 goals? We have launched a brand new affiliate program, and are looking for 50 affiliates. Help your friends and family reach their goals while you earn money! Register for our affiliate program and start making money when your friends buy from our store! All affiliates must be approved. Our program is in the beginning stages. Click the link to fill out an application. http://ow.ly/BxbS30dgiNz
Sheréa VéJauan is the author of the 2017 Goals Journal, as well as several other titles, including, My Goals Journal, Realistically Speaking: Speaking What’s Real, Keeping What’s Holy, 7 Simple Steps to Achieving Your Business Goals, 3 Simple Steps to Creating a Powerful Vision Board, 52 Mondays Companion Journal, and many others. Sheréa resides in Southern California, devoted wife of twenty-five years to her husband Brian, and mother to their three children, Reginald, Jasmyn and Kennedy.