52 Mondays W/ Sherea VeJauan! Week #35 Put one stone in place each day
“You don’t set out to build a wall. You don’t say ‘I’m going to build the biggest, baddest, greatest wall that’s ever been built.’ You don’t start there. You say, ‘I’m going to lay this brick as perfectly as a brick can be laid. You do that every single day. And soon you have a wall.” – Will Smith on Charlie Rose
Today is Sunday, August 26th, and this is week #35 of our 52 Mondays challenge. Our goal is to break this year down – one Monday at a time.
Big goals are quite intimidating because they involve so many steps. Sometimes, it’s helpful to remind yourself one day’s work is precisely that – one day’s work.
You shouldn’t expect to achieve everything in a day and equally you need to have the perspective that it will take a long time to achieve audacious goals.
A good activity for this week is to take out your planning calendar and schedule one specific task you can accomplish each day this week that will move you forward.
It really doesn’t matter whether those actions are large or small as long as they generate actual progress towards your goal. You then mark them off as you do them.
Put one more stone in place on the pyramid you’re trying to build each day and enjoy the journey as you move forward.
This week’s assignment: This week, we are going to take out your planning calendar and schedule one specific task you can accomplish each day this week that will move you forward. In addition to my calendar, I have a weekly goal sheet and checklist that I use every day. I print them out on Saturdays and make enough copies to last for a few weeks. These small daily tasks help me to get closer to my BIG goals.
I’m excited to hear about what you’ll do this week. Comment on the post below or send me an email at email@example.com
Check out this video by Will Smith
Master Your Monday with Sheréa VéJauan
- Invest… in the 2018 Goals Journal
- Download… 52 Mondays Companion Journal for the 2018 Goals Journal http://ow.ly/kx6R30j94z3
- Join… the VIP Goal Slayers Boot Camp Group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goalsetters/
- Read… the weekly blog at https://shereavejauan.com/category/52-mondays/
- Listen… Sheréa VéJauan’s Coffee & Crayons Podcast on Apple Podcasts http://ow.ly/iZUl30hLo7c
- Sign up… for the weekly email at http://eepurl.com/bomEhX
- Do: Each week, remember to read my weekly blog post and do the exercise. Sometimes, I may post a blog, do a video or record a podcast – or all of the above.
- Plan: Plan your week using the 52 Mondays weekly goal sheet available as a free download on my website.
- Journal: Each month we focus in on a particular goal category in our journals –This month we are working on our personal development goals.
- Read your 2018 Goals Journal
- Greatest Salesman In the World by Og Mandino
- Love and Respect: The Love She Most Desire; The Respect He Desperately Needs by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
- eNews: The Daily Skimm is delivered to your inbox each AM, giving you all the news and info you need to start your day. The Skim
What’s Ahead? Upcoming Events, Holidays, Challenges & Random Get-Togethers!
- September 3rd: Labor Day
- September 10th: VIP Meet-Up
- September 22nd: First Day of Fall
- October 6th: The Word Book and Artist Fair – Book Signing for the 2019 Goals Journal
- November 10th: Book Signing at The Corner Store