52 Mondays w/ Sherea VeJauan – Week #13: Inspire yourself by inspiring others
“Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It’s what you do for others.”-Danny Thomas
Today is Sunday, March 25th, and this is our 52 Mondays series, for those who are participating in our 52 Mondays weekly goal challenge. Our goal is to break this year down – one Monday at a time. We are on week #13 of our 52 Mondays challenge and our topic is …Inspire yourself by inspiring others
I was raised by my grandmother and it’s an understatement to say that she was pretty strict when it came to raising me. I wasn’t allowed to have a boyfriend, go out with my friends, or talk on the phone. She told me everything that would go wrong in my life if talked to boys, drank, smoke or went to parties. That was her way of expressing her love for me and teaching me about life.
She did the best she could to raise me, but I just wish she would’ve talked to me about boys. I wish SOMEbody would have talked to me about the importance of home ownership. I wish SOMEbody would have talked to me about that USC scholarship that I didn’t want because I thought it was better to be a manager at McDonald’s.
At the age of thirteen, I started working and earning good money, and I sure wish somebody would have talked to me about saving, investing, and maintaining good credit.
Now, I get to BE that SOMEbody… to somebody, and so can YOU.
You may have heard the quote, “The more you give, the more you get” or “you reap what you sow.” This week, we are taking the focus off of our goals and looking for someone that we can inspire to reach their goals.
This Week’s Assignment: Try to find at least one person who wants to accomplish the same goals that you are already pursuing. If you can’t think of anyone to mentor in person, or maybe your schedule won’t permit it; share your advice or experience in an online forum, social media group, or just send an encouraging email with your favorite resources or book recommendations.
I’m excited to hear about what you’ll do this week. Comment on the post below or send me an email at email@example.com
Master Your Monday with Sheréa VéJauan
- Invest… in the 2018 Goals Journal
- Download… 52 Mondays Companion Journal for the 2018 Goals Journal http://ow.ly/kx6R30j94z3
- Join… the VIP Goal Slayers Boot Camp Group on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goalsetters/
- Read… the weekly blog at https://shereavejauan.com/category/52-mondays/
- Listen… Sheréa VéJauan’s Coffee & Crayons Podcast on Apple Podcasts http://ow.ly/iZUl30hLo7c
- Sign up… for the weekly email at http://eepurl.com/bomEhX
- Do: Each week, remember to read my weekly blog post and do the exercise. Sometimes, I may post a blog, do a video or record a podcast – or all of the above.
- Plan: Plan your week using the 52 Mondays weekly goal sheet available as a free download on my website.
- Journal: Each month we focus in on a particular goal category in our journals –This month we are working on our finances
- Read your 2018 Goals Journal
What’s Ahead? Upcoming Events, Holidays, Challenges & Random Get-Togethers!
- March 30th Good Friday
- April 1st Easter Sunday
- April 1st Fool’s Day
- April 2nd: VIP Goal Slayer’s Meet-UP
- April 15th: Tax Day
- April 15th: 4th Anniversary of VéJauan’s Coffee (2014)
- April 21st: Private Speaking Event
- April 22nd Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
- April 22nd: Earth Day
- May 3rd: National Day of Prayer
- May 13th Mother’s Day
- May 28th: Memorial Day
It’s not too late to reach your 2018 goals. We are about to end the 1st quarter. You can do this. Get your journal and join our VIP Goals group.
Get the journal @amazon: http://amzn.to/2ICFe4T
Join the group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goalsetters/
Sheréa VéJauan is the author of the 2018 Goals Journal, as well as several other titles, including, My Goals Journal, Realistically Speaking: Speaking What’s Real, Keeping What’s Holy, 7 Simple Steps to Achieving Your Business Goals, 3 Simple Steps to Creating a Powerful Vision Board, 52 Mondays Companion Journal, and many others. Sheréa resides in Southern California, devoted wife of twenty-five years to her husband Brian, and mother to their three children, Reginald, Jasmyn and Kennedy.